Hollufgård, is an old manor, which was first mentioned in 1487. It is located in Fraugde Parish, Åsum District, Odense Municipality. The main building was built in 1577 and remodeled in 1829, and the park is on 8 acres. It is a manor house in typical Renaissance style, situated south of Odense. The majority of the manor buildings have been protected since 1918.
(Click Photos to enlarge..)
Hollufgård was built by Councillor and Sheriff Jørgen Marsvin of materials that came from Hjallese Church in 1487. The year before, the church has been given to Jørgen Marsvin by the king with the permission to tear it down and reuse the materials to build the main building of Hollufgård. It is a 2-floor building without a basement. The only access to the building was the center stair tower with a left continuous fiber staircase. Besides the three towers facing the courtyard was on the south side small drop towers, curved gables and bay window-like extensions. They are subsequently disappeared.
The park, which takes up a good portion of the total of 150 hectares. extensive grounds around Hollufgård is still publicly available.
Today, the public can walk the park an study a wide assortment of artwork. Some of it is produced by the Guest Atelier Hollufgård, while there are different international expositions as well.
Guest Atelier Hollufgård is an independent institution, established in 1982, whose purpose is to provide workshops available for sculptors and artists. The institution serves as a national and international hub for artists in general, and seeks in this way promoting art in Denmark and by providing good working conditions available to artists, partly by acting as an international forum for inspiration and professional development.